Mini Cooper Steering and Suspension
Mini Cooper Steering
The suspension on your Mini Cooper will not only help the car maintain contact with the road surface and handle well, but also ensure that everyone within the vehicle is comfortable and unaffected by road bumps and vibrations.
The primary parts of suspension are:
- Shock absorbers: converts the kinetic energy of the shock of rough ground in order to limit the movement of the suspension
- Springs: compress and expand in order to absorb the motion of the wheels
- Strut: not only dampens the shock of vibration, but also provides structural support for the suspension
Mini Cooper Suspension Problems
The suspension is an essential part of the Mini Cooper, but it can get damaged over time through general usage. For examples, speed bumps, potholes, and uneven road surfaces, can all contribute to limiting the lifetime of the suspension.
Suspension is more than just offering a smooth ride. It’s linked to the steering too, which means that it’s vital the system isn’t left to disintegrate. Any signs of wear or damage should be tended to immediately to ensure that the safety of the vehicle is retrained.
Some common symptoms of bad suspension include:
- Unsmooth ride: if the car is handling roughly and bouncing when going over bumps
- Lurched stops: when breaking firmly the car will lurch forward slightly, which can increase stopping distance
- Uneven tread: if your tire tread is wearing unevenly, this is a sign that the car isn’t maintaining smooth contact with the road surface
- Bad handling: if the vehicle drifts when turning, this is a sign that the shock absorbers are damaged and your car is at risk of rolling over
It’s vital that you have your Mini Cooper’s suspension and steering maintained, especially if you notice any signs of problems. If you’re unsure, one method of checking the suspension is to park the car and push down on the front of the vehicle, checking to see how many times it bounces. If it’s more than a couple, it’s a sign of problem.
You need to have your suspension and steering repaired straight away if you’re having problems. To delay is to create a huge risk of being in an accident.
At German Car Depot, we can get you back on the road quickly and safely thanks to our trained and excellent mechanics. We can offer you the great service that you’d expect, but we can also do it at lower cost to repair than dealerships.